2 oz. butter or 2 T. oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 t. paprika
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. chili powder
2 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
1-1/2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
Heat the butter or oil in a casserole dish and gently book the onion and spices.
Add the garlic and potato, coat well in the butter/oil, and continue to cook in the oven at 400 degrees until done, about 45-60 minutes.
Serves 4-6.
Adapted from Entertaining with Friends, p. 51.
I'm no good at cooking so I've put this blog on my reading list with the intention that I too will try some of the recipes one day. The few I've looked at seem pretty practical. Easy and tasty is what I need!
ReplyDeleteLucy, thanks for stopping by. I'd rather rely on flavorful ingredients than fancy methods, so "practical" is a big thing for me. Do leave me a comment if you try something and love it or hate it.
Delete